Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bobo Brazil


When I first got into wrestling Bobo Brazil was one of the names I knew already along with Andre and Bruno and The Sheik. He had crossed over into the mainstream somewhat likely due to his longevity and his signature move.

He had a long association with Toronto and Ontario wrestling working at MLG from the early '50's until 1977, then as a regular on the Wildman's Ontario circuit through 1984. His feud with the Sheik continued on in the small towns as it had as a main event at the Gardens in the '70's

Pics from top- vs the Sheik, and declared the winner Aug 1983, vs Chris Colt Sept 1982, with Wildman and Wolfman Sept 1982




1 comment:

  1. One of my first memories from a Wildman show was meeeting Bobo outside the Owen Sound Colisieum waiting for a ride home from the matches. Bobo was very kind in signing autographs and talking to me and my buddies, we shook hands and I remember how itimidating he was even though he was a "good guy."

    ReplyDelete